Today at church, in a sermon on gratitude, our pastor challenged us to make a list for the next 30 days, of 10 things each day you’re thankful for. None of items can be repeated & at least one item has to be for your spouse. The items may also include inanimate objects.
The goal is that acknowledging gratitude will:
• reduce selfishness (James 1:17)
• reduce sexual immorality (Ephesians 5:3)
• reduce anxiety (Philippians 4:6-7)
• diminish insecurity & identity confusion (Psalm 139:1-6)
Overall, we will become happier people more focused on the blessings we do have, than what we do not have.
I’m going to attempt to blog my list daily. Hopefully I can stick with it. Since I cannot repeat items, a lot of the obvious will be included in today’s post. Also note, that these items will always be posted in random order – as they pop into my head.
- My husband, who loves me unconditionally
- My wonderful son
- A cozy home
- My job
- That my husband’s company is profitable
- Advil – because I currently have a migraine
- That my husband has the know how and ability to change the oil on my car
- The ability to buy splurge items while at the grocery store.
- The fact I am able to go to church and worship freely.
- The wonderful family time I have had over the past four work-free days.
What items would you put on your list?