Ever struggle with spelling a word as a child then hear a song that made it impossible for you to ever forget how? Well, here are five songs from my childhood that have etched spelling specific words forever in my head. In fact, as with #1, whenever I write or type that word, I still silently sing the song:
- SUCCESS – It’s actually from a softball chant, but “S-U-C-C-E-S-S, that’s the way we spell success!”
- RESPECT – “R-E-S-P-E-C-T, Find out what it means to me”
- CHRISTIAN, JESUS, HEART, ETERNALLY – “I am a C, I am a C-H, I am a C-H-R-I-S-T-I-A-N/And I have J-E-S-U-S in my H-E-A-R-T/And I will L-I-V-E E-N-T-E-R-A-L-L-Y”
- LOVE – “L is for the way you look at me/O is for the only one I see/V is very, very extraordinary/E is even more than anyone that you adore can”
- BIBLE – “Oh the B-I-B-L-E, that’s the book for me!
I’m sure there are many more out there that I simply cannot recall right now. I doubt I am the only one who was affect by music in this way. What songs have permanently helped you spell words?
I am responsible for what I say but not for what you understand.