Colorado has some strange strange laws…
- One may not mutilate a rock in a state park.
- Tags may be ripped off of pillows and mattresses.
- Throwing missles at cars is illegal. (aka snowballs)
- The dog catcher must notify dogs of impounding by posting, for three consecutive days, a notice on a tree in the city park and along a public road running through said park. (Denver — because dogs can read, ya know.)
- It is unlawful to lend your vacuum cleaner to your next-door neighbor. (Denver — good thing I don’t live there, I’m guilty of this “crime”)
- You may not drive a black car on Sundays. (Denver — guess I can’t go to D-town on the Sabbath then).
- Residents may not own chickens, but may own up to three turkeys. (Lousiville)
- Cats may not run loose without having been fit with a taillight. (Sterling)
- No one – man, woman, or child – can be seen flying while barefoot. (Fairplay)
- It is illegal for a man to kiss a woman while she is asleep. (Logan County)
- A person mush have a doctor’s prescription before taking a bath.
- A man cannot marry his wife’s grandmother. (Well that’s just good sense!)
What strange laws does your state of residence still have on the books?