Christie: So, Mi-chelle! What are you up to?
Michele: Oh, okay. Um, I invented Post-Its.
Christie: No offense, Michele, but how in the world did *you* think of Post-Its?
[looks across the room at Romy talking to Billy Christianson]
Romy: And I thought of them completely by myself. I mean, all Michele did was say: “What about making them yellow?”
Michele: [turns to the A Group] Actually I invented a special kind of glue.
Christie: Oh really? Well then I’m sure you wouldn’t mind giving us a detailed account of exactly how you concocted this miracle glue, would you?
Michele: No. Um, well, ordinarily when you make glue first you need to thermoset your resin and then after it cools you have to mix in an epoxide, which is really just a fancy-schmancy name for any simple oxygenated adhesive, right? And then I thought maybe, just maybe, you could raise the viscosity by adding a complex glucose derivative during the emulsification process and it turns out I was right.
(Romy & Michele’s High School Reunion)
On a post about the Post-It Note, I felt I had to include that iconic scene about inventing the sticky yellow paper. But did you know that the Post-It Note has many more secret (maybe not-so-secret) uses? Here are 30 if them:
- Name tag
- Worried about people stealing your food? Create a Food label
- Temporary tattoo
- ABC Gum Disposal Wrapper
- Always awake eyes
- Re-gift (change name on product)
- Dart-board target
- Instant mustache
- Eye patch
- Beauty mark
- White Trash dental floss/toothpick
- Alien 3rd eye (in the back of your head?)
- Origami square
- Add a suffix or title to your name
- Hide a uni-brow
- White Trash Business card
- Miniature mural or wall art
- Dropped food on your shirt? Hide the stain with a post-it!
- Sun-visor in your car not long enough? Stick a post-it on your window
- Replace those old glasses frames, change out the color daily
- Replace the standard picture frame people with your own drawing
- Clean/Dirty Dishwasher sign
- Weapon of choice (Death by papercuts!!!!!!)
- White Trash home-rolled cigarette paper
- Paper doll clothing
- Miniature calendar
- Writing a note to yourself. Duh!
I am responsible for what I say but not for what you understand.